Intent of our Curriculum
At Bignold we love reading and our goal is that every child reads fluently, confidently and with enjoyment. Reading is the key to so much learning and by becoming a confident reader it will enable children to access all future learning. Reading improves wellbeing and we believe it is an essential life skill and our ambition is to nurture a love of reading. Reading is at the centre of our curriculum.
- We want to see all our pupils thrive as successful learners socially and academically through high quality teaching and an enriched, knowledge led curriculum; including pupils with special educational needs and, or disabilities.
- We aim to develop independent, thinking children who are ambitious, emotionally equipped and confident enough to make good life choices.
- We encourage our pupils to relate well to one another with confidence, care, openness and respect.
- We aim to meet the needs of all learners in our curriculum, challenging them and enabling them to critically think, problem solve and undertake learning at a deeper level.
- We want all pupils to develop Cultural Capital. To have the knowledge, behaviours and skills to face the future with confidence