For home learning resources please visit the 'Children' page and click on the 'Home Learning for pupils self isolating' option.
- Children involved in Democratic processes: e.g. choosing team names, school motto, school councillors, school rules, class charter, tribes.
- Pupils involved in the recruitment of staff.
- Strong pupil voice e.g. pupil focus group for new lunchtime food and systems.
- Democracy linked assemblies.
- School council - The Bignold Bright Resolvers.
- Links with local MPs, Councillors and City Mayor who visit the school and speak to the pupils.
- Governor/pupil focus groups.
- A school culture which celebrates diversity.
- Positive relationships encouraged and modelled, pupil – pupil, adult – pupil, adult—adult.
- R.E curriculum.
- Anti-bullying week.
- School Council.
- Schools Sport Partnership.
- Supporting charity days.
- Remembrance Day commemorations.
- Class charters.
Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
- Bignold School Values which celebrate our pride in being at the heart of a diverse and vibrant community.
- R.E. curriculum.
- Equalities policies.
- Bigfest– world vision dance.
Rule of Law.
- School Behaviour policy – all stakeholders are aware of the policy and it is understood and followed.
- Pupils have regular opportunities to reflect e.g. learning, their behaviour, across the curriculum.
- Yr6 Crime and Punishment across the ages culminating in the children understanding their responsibilities within the law and speaking to the Youth Offending Team.
- Yr6 attendance at Crucial Crew.
- Pupil interviews on behaviour.
- Assemblies with a focus linked to the law e.g. school rules, Parliament etc.
- Tribes and class charters.
- Pupils roles in school e.g. The Sports Council.
- Understanding responsibility in school in terms of behaviour and learning attitude.
- Pupils encouraged to make choices in a safe and supportive environment within and beyond school.
- School values are known and articulated by school community members.
- Values assemblies planned for.
- Values displayed around the school and evident in action.
- Home / school agreements.
- Celebration assembly.
- Extra Curricula activities choices.
- Class charters.
- Financial awareness– e.g. stalls, Christmas bazaar.